Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a c7 that has no fuel pressure. Have changed the

Customer Question

Customer: I have a c7 that has no fuel pressure. Have changed the transfer pump and the fuel regulator still no pressure have ran a fuel line into a bucket and straight to the pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck has no fuel pressure when trying to crank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. I see you replaced both the regulator at the back of the head and the transfer pump already. Be sure there are not leaks or restrictions in the system as when you tried running from a bucket it would have confirmed this as well. Are you showing any fault codes? Try pressurizing the fuel rail with air to check for leaks. A common problem for a no start condition is failed speed timing sensors on the LH side behind the front timing cover causing a loss of engine speed signal to the ECM and the injectors will not be commanded on. It sounds like you do not have any fuel supply pressure at all? What size gauge are you using and are you checking at the filter housing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have no active codes we are using 0 to 160 pressure gage and we are checking it at the front of the motor. You can here the injectors clicking when you crank it. It is not even picking fuel up out of the bucket

What chassis is this engine in? Do you have the hand primer pump on yours? Check for any leaks on the suction side and that your return is not plugged.

Be sure the connection is air tight and try going direct to the transfer pump. Test your pressure at the filter housing. Let me know what you read for pressure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 gmc 7500. We are going to blow the return line out have not done that

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had just replaced the Heui pump on this truck do you think this could have messed the injectors up and cause no fuel pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have checked the pressure right at the filter housing still have 0

Sounds like you might have a faulty transfer pump right out of the box if it is not picking up any fuel.

Hi Don, did you get this resolved?