Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a cat 3126 with the error code 42-11. i had a shop

Customer Question

Customer: i have a cat 3126 with the error code 42-11. i had a shop plug it in and they said it was the IAPCV. what exactly does that mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it starts up great when its cold. once it warms up it either dies or loses power. and will not start again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.

Iapcv stands for injection actuation pressure control valve. It's the valve that is in the high pressure heui pump and controls actuation pressure for the injectors.

A 42-11 is caused by either a bad iapcv or damaged wiring going to it.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.