Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Skip from schilke construction 2003 ford F650 with a cat

Customer Question

Customer: skip from schilke construction 2003 ford F650 with a cat 3126 216 hp. truck runs fine but when ever it feels like it ,it shuts off. cranks good but no start.leave set one half hour and will restart annd seems to run fine. flash codes #39 and #18
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: usually happens when truck has been run for a while and warmed up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I can help you with this.

Code 164-11 (39) is defined as an Injection Actuation Pressure System fault. I see this a lot on these engines. This code indicates the ECM is not seeing the correct Injection Actuation Pressure. This code and problem is caused by several things.

The first and most common is a faulty HEUI pump. To test a high pressure 5000 psi gauge is needed to connect to the outlet of the HEUI pump.
Second is a faulty IAP sensor. To test you can install a high pressure gauge into the head and compare the reading to a service tools reading.
And lastly is a leaking injector.

Code 42-11 (18) is defined as an injection actuation output fault. This indicates a fault in the heui pump output circuit for the ECM. This is often caused by a faulty heui pump.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.