Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2008 mack with an eaton fuller 10 speed auto

Customer Question

I have a 2008 mack with an eaton fuller 10 speed auto shift.When I come to a complete stop, the truck wont shift back in gear and the service light comes on along with an F on the dashboard. Any suggestions?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Scan the truck to see what code you have. The F is a failure of either the clutch or the shifter in your transmission. Question is which one.

Some of the Eaton transmission codes can be reset by cycling the key 5 or 8 times. You can try that so you can get to a shop as needed. Not all will work if the parameter is turned on to not allow it. Most Macks allow it though.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just recently got brakes done. And it started with the issue. I will get the truck scanned though
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

What did scan show?

Brakes wouldn't cause. F on transmission.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?