Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Getting an EGR message on my KW T660. Fault code

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cranked it up this evening and the screen read "EGR" Not sure what the problem is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the engine model and serial number and year truck? What are the fault codes you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011 Kenworth T-660 Cummins ISX-450
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EGR Engine Fault Code

Hi Buddy, There will be a fault code number logged in the ECM that will tell us the problem area to look into for the EGR circuit whether it be the valve itself or potential harness problem etc. Do you have access to a scan tool to pull your codes or do you have the display panel in your dash that will display your faults? If not try Cruise off, Key on, hold set resume switch until the check engine light flashes the three digit code with short pauses in between each digit and a longer pause between codes. Some trucks have a diagnostic switch instead. LEt me know

Hi Buddy, Did you get this resolved?