Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

, we have a 99 ih 4900 dt466e starts and runs ok. the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have a 99 ih 4900 dt466e starts and runs ok. the instruments don't operate. when you tune the key on, they all peg out and return to zero, the engine starts but they don't work. bought a new cluster and the same results.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will pay is you know the answer, ok?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Do you have a laptop with International software by chance? It will be needed to test the signal to the cluster.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Do you still need help ? Happy to assist . Let me know . Thanks