Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

2001 freightliner uniform truck with 24 valve cummins

Customer Question

2001 freightliner uniform truck with 24 valve cummins intermitting really bad check engine light comes on then goes off after about 15 mins of sitting im getting a code for power supply
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are getting a code for power supply or voltage this can be due to corroded or loose battery cables at the battery itself,the battery itself at fault or the alternator/generator at fault.

Low voltage causes issues with the electronics that operate the engine and transmission and will cause this issue here.The battery cables need checked for any issues needing repaired or corrected and if these are all found to be o.k. then the battery and alternator need tested to see if one of these is at fault here needing replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete