Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2007 International 9400i with cummins ISX. Last week check

Customer Question

2007 International 9400i with cummins ISX. Last week check engine light kept coming on and off and truck would lose power and wont go above 55MPH. Today the truck wont go over 35MPH and is throwing these codes. PID95 and PID94.Also a lot of white smoke coming out of engine. Not over heating or losing coolant. Then it started driving again but wont go over 55MPH.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? Also , I need the full fault code number please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello the Vin# ***** ***** I am sorry I dont have the full codes as he just stopped at the truck stop and they gave him these codes. They were telling him first it was the filet but after replacing the filter it started doing this again, took it back and the guy said the fuel needs to be flushed out.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

From what you have told me , 94 is definitely fuel related . But I can't tell you more without the rest of the fault

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

95 is for exhaust gas pressure sensor circuit. data erratic intermittent t or incorrect . This causes an engine derate .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can do for you ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

The exhaust gas pressure sensor is a three wire sensor located by the thermostat housing at the front of the engine . I would start by checking the connector for damage . If all is good , replace the sensor .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help ?

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help with your codes. Both codes are fuel related for the ISX. Here are the descriptions below.

CODE REASON EFFECT

Fault Code: 2372
PID: P95
SPN: 95
FMI: 0/16

LAMP: Amber - Maintenance Flashout
SRT:

Fuel filter restriction moderately high - warning. Fuel filter is plugged or fuel inlet restriction is high.

The engine can respond poorly after motoring and/or the engine can have low power at high engine speeds

CODE REASON EFFECT

Fault Code: 482
PID: P094
SPN: 94
FMI: 1/18
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Fuel Pressure Low - Data Valid But Below Normal Operational Range - Moderately Severe Level.

Engine may not start, white smoke, run rough, or lose power.

Common cause is a faulty anti drainback valve. Here is the troubleshooting information. Click the link below

Let me know if you need more help