Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

A 2011 Mitsubishi Canter. The heater only blows cold air

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, a 2011 Mitsubishi Canter. The heater only blows cold air
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Not now, thank you
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Are you still needing assistance? If so, what engine temps are you showing when you are still blowing cold air? Are the heater hoses warm to the touch? If they are warm, the nthe thermostat is good. You want the heat on both side of the heater core from both heater hoses. If they are both cool, then the thermostat is sticking and not allowing the heat through. If one side is cool, there is a blockage in teh heater core the needs to be flushed out.

Now if noth are warm to the touch, then next is to see if the damper is changing. When you go through your settings, see if they are changing by the sound and the feel of the air. More them likely in this case if the heater hoses are both warm, the damper is jammed or not working and the little motor needs to be replaced in the air box.

This truck has no valves on it that shut the hot coolant off from the heater core. Some older ones do in the heater control, but this year doesn't have that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?