spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

My name is ***** *****. We are working to set the valve lash

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. We are working to set the valve lash on a Cummins N14 celect plus but we are having difficulty finding the A B C marks on the accessory pulley. The air conditioner pulley is right in front of the accessory pulley and is almost the exact diameter which makes it virtually impossible to see the A B C marks. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Assuming that the A B C marks are on the front of the accessory pulley, we cannot see them due to the air conditioner pulley being almost the same diameter. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 11 months ago.

The marks are to the inside of accessory drive pulley, up against the front cover,,you usually need to get paint off to see them good. Then on front cover there is a tab sticking out to align with either 1-6 orA, 2-5 B, 3-4 or C.

The flat water pump belt is right next to marks going to front cover.