Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2009 freightliner century Detroit S-60. I keep

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2009 freightliner century Detroit S-60. I keep getting the following fault codes.
1) 128s154 14 ENG RSRVC
2) 128s 154 08 ENG SIGNAL
3) 128s 154 00 ENG HIGH
All beaks and whistles light up at the beginning of my day when the temp is low and the engine has not reached 185F.
DPF cleaning was performed 8 months ago. All temp and pressure sensors replaced. Injector as well. Yesterday we did a diagnostic and filter is operating correctly, but we still replaced all 3 temperature sensors again. This morning dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Outside temp is 47f. It usually happens when I go from 10th to 9th ( high gear to low( low rev to high rev)).
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. I see you replaced a lot of parts already. I recommend having your ECM reflashed and updated with the most current updated software as there are times this need to be done for the ECM to be reset and start fresh. I will look up your codes and post more shortly

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanx Dan. It just seems like the colder it is outside in the morning the quicker this faults codes are to start flashing during the start of my day. As soon as I get about an hour of drive time the the two red and ***** *****ghts disappear leaving only the lower-right, ***** *****ght on. Two hours later the lower-right ***** *****ght clears and my dash looks as if nothing happened. I will look into updating ECM and wait for further updates- thanks again

154- EGR circuit faults possible sensor/harness or EGR problem

s 154 0

or 412 0

EGR Temperature High

EGR valve stuck/partly open

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Awesome, would an EGR related problem ( sensor, harness, etc) explain why I'm having issues in the morning when it's cold, only to have them disappear after an hour of engine time?

yes it could cause these problems along with excessive soot/carbon buildup as well

It is a good idea to have the system monitored with the detroit diagnostic software connected to view live data with the EGR system for a more accurate diagnosis.