Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have DTC code number 211 EOP, thats is a 2000 Navistar 7.3

Customer Question

I have DTC code number 211 EOP, thats is a 2000 Navistar 7.3 diesel 444 engine. engine only crank with start fluid.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.

211*

EOP

Engine Oil Pressure Signal out of range LOW

What are you getting for actual ICP pressure? You should see around 550-800 PSI depending on the old or new cranking to start. Disconnet the ICP sensor to see if it will start in default mode. Also a faulty cam/crank sensor can cause a no start/hard start which is common. Watch the tach signal while cranking. Let me know. Another thing to check is the IDM relay for problems and corrosion in the harness

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What and where is the idm relay

On the step vans I am not sure on the top of my head because some are custom built but on the standard trucks they are on the passenger side in the fuse panel. The IDM is the Injector driver module that supplies the voltage for the injectors. Click the two links below.

FYI

FYI 2

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Dan! I m not close the truck right now, butyesterday night will pu scanner again and they still not start, I will spray start fluid for engine start and go normal temperature for check again and before start the code is 211, but after start they go to other diferent code active now is 525 iInjector Circuit falt *M*. after turn off engine and try to start again they show a DTC 335, Injector Control Unable to Buid press. at engine crank. that's the situation at moment. Thanks again! Mauricio
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
coolant 189, engine speed + or - 700 Rpm , engine oil pressur 24", ICP desured 580psi, and injector control pressure 551 psi.

525 is Injector Driver Module internal failure requiring replacement. Need to be programmed by the dealer before installation

Code 335 is for ICP unable to build during cranking

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Code 525, I think is because will spray start fluid like to push engine to start wuthout electronic works. But, what about code 335? the ICP is brand new, high pressure pump too and also IPR. What's wrong that's only crank with start fluid?

525 means your injector driver module is bad. It powers your injectors. 335 is low ICP pressure. Pressurize your high pressure rail with shop air and listen for leaks causing a loss of pressure.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This truck have a ECU, don't have module for injectors separately. Also will try put other one from other same year truck and issue still.

Hi, All 7.3 that I have ever worked on had an IDM. yes some engine models will have the injector drivers internal with the ECM but I have not seen it on this model. Click on this link

http://www.shopinjectors.com/diesel/navistar/injector-driver-modules/index.htm

Another cause is cam/crank sensor for hard starting but 525 code is for your injector drivers having an internal failure.

Hi Mauricio, Did you get this resolved?