Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Replacing the knob harness on meritor trans w. elec knob

Customer Question

Customer: replacing the knob harness on meritor trans w. elec knob
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: meritor electric shift knob on the freightliner the harness has 6 wires all same color that have to go into the 4 wire and 2 wire connector plugs how do I know what wire goes where. all wires are yellow
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Can you get me the transmission model number off the transmission ID tag so I can try to look up the correct diagram for you?

What year and chassis model is this truck?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is a 2001 and last 6 of vin is j12363

Hi, thanks for the info but I need the transmission model information from the transmission tag since I do not have dealer access to look this up by your VIN .

My manuals are by transmission model

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
meritor mo16g10a

I uploaded the information available for this model. Click the link and see PDF pages 139 and on. Did they give you an aftermarket version of the Knob as the manual has the wires color coded. If so the only way to confirm is to test with an OHM meter each switch and tag the wires accordingly as shown in the manual or ask for a knob with the color coded wiring. Let me know.

Meritor 9-10 speed G