Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I am working on a ford L8000 have been working on the

Customer Question

Customer: I am working on a ford L8000 have been working on the lights. I finally had them working now there is no power going to the headlight toggle switch on the dash so no headlights or side markers
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there is no power in the fuse box going to the switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. What is the year of your truck so I can see if I have any schematics that will help?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the truck is a 95

Thanks for the info. I do not have a schematic for that year unfortunately but you can purchase manuals and schematics here. http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/Service-Manuals/Ford/LN

what you want to do is with the IGN and light switch on, do a wiggle/pull test on the harness to try to manipulate the harness to make a connection for the lights to come on. If successful you have found a poor or broken connection in the circuit. If not you can test the wiring and switches with an OHM meter to determine if you have a faulty switch or wiring. Is the dimmer switch in the turn signal switch on your truck or on the floor? lost both high and low beem?