Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have 2006 pete with 475 horse cummins ISX.gages bouncing all

Customer Question

Hello,have 2006 pete with 475 horse cummins ISX.gages bouncing all over the place wont start.lift pump not comming on either.battery new,have checked all ecm plugs and cleaned.no blown fuses allbrelays showing good.all grounds cleaned to a shine and tight.still not starting.hot wired pickup pump have fuel,no start.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 12 months ago.

Hi Josh, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the batteries test good, all the cables from the batteries to the starter check good and the connections are clean and tight including all grounds, All fuses and relays check good, have the ECM bench tested or try a test ECM to see if the problem resolves. Is the check engine light cycling with the key on as it should?

Are you getting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No check engine light,just gages all bouncing back and forth ten sec after key is on.tried dash for faulty codes just says no data.spent seven hours cleaning (all)wireing harness conections ecm included of corse.brake clean and eletcical greese.none wear bad but did any ways all the way up through the cab.(all) grounds (block)(frame)so on air buffed to a shine and tight.have a cummins scanner comming in the morning,codes i should be looking for?have found zero bad fuses inline or otherwise along with all relays and pins in conectors.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Still there?never used this before.not sure if you 'll seeing all responces.

Hi Josh, I help on here part time in between jobs but we can post back and forth as needed. I will always reply back on my next available log in. When the scanner arrives check for any codes logged in the memory and let me know what they are. Could you confirm that there is no check engine light at all when the IGN is turned on? It should come on and then cycle off. If not the ECM is not communicating, lost power or ground, or faulty ECM. Let me know

If the ECM is not communicating, check the inline fuse between the battery box and engine ECM and that harness.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Already checked (all) inline fuses Sir.will let you know on scan in the AM ASAP.thanks for your help Sir!!!
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Sounds good. Pleasure to help

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still awaiting on scanner Sir,will be in touch soon.Thanks!

Thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey dan,got a j1708 code.ABS axle one right side.getting confused!!! Somthing with ABS can make everything go haywire on the engine and gages???

Hi Josh, The ABS module is separate but is there is a short or a poor ground somewhere it can cause all kinds of odd things to happen including frying ECMs and modules, etc. What are the fault code numbers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
J1708

J1708 is a data link harness fault in the J1708 data link. Check the harness for corrosion, damaged connector pins, poor or broken grounds ( Battery to starter and chassis/frame), or damaged wiring. Look for any wires that may be rubbed through or shorted.

Click on this link for the schematics to help.

Schematics