Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

How to bleed the steering system 4rm20horsepower 1992?

Customer Question

how to bleed the steering system for Manitou 4rm20horsepower 1992?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for on how to bleed this system here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.In some cases you may have to locate the info from a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here,they may or may not charge a small fee for this info.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear Pete,
Thank you for your email but there is nothing in it that answers my question so I am still waiting for someone to tell me how to bleed the steering system on my Manitou 4rm 20 horsepower 1992 forklift. Please advise or refund our payment?
Derrel.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I apologize as this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Steering system consists of a power steering pump,the gerrotor steering valve and a power steering cylinder. What is happening? The system does no bleeding! It is self bleeding. Does the steering wheel continue to turn or is it hard to turn?

Do the rear steering wheels turn , or could the wheels be stuck in the spindles of the rear axle? Wheel may be stuck, and steering system can not turn the wheels because of the added load. Has pressure been checked? Is pump moving the fluid? Has the steering cylinder been checked for internal leakage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We've put a new hose on from the steering box to the rear axle, but we need to know where the power steering reservoire is located and how to top up the fluid. Is there a reservoire or somewhere else for topping up the fluid?

Look on the front of engine for the power steering pump, reservoir will be part of pump, or will be attached with hose to pump. Assuming this is the Ford diesel engine.