Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Bob, Just wondering can the c7 fuel injectors be reprogramed

Customer Question

Customer: Bob, Just wondering can the c7 fuel injectors be reprogramed with the new snap on ultra pro link ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have dead hole in #6 and a low hole in #1 engine cold on engine contribution test using pro link ultra, but engine is at operating temp contribution is normal we suspect possible fuel pressure regulator ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Unfortunately the only tool that can reprogram the injectors is the Cat ET software. I am sorry. I wish that was not the case.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going back to our conversation, #6 is a dead hole and #1 is a low hole cold, after it warms up it is fine, ideas ?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

It's normal to the exhaust on 1 and 6 to be 100-125 degrees colder than cylinders 2-5. If 6 is dead, you could have low fuel pressure, broken rings, or a blown head gasket. I have seen these engines miss at start up with a broken ring or head gasket. Once it warms up, it starts to fire.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.