Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have ford 650 with cummings motor turns over but will not

Customer Question

have ford 650 with cummings motor turns over but will not fire up, checked voltage to fuel pump only getting 4.7 volts
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello does anyone have answer for me please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the engine model number from your engine tag? Also are you getting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
dan, I am getting code 94 and the engine number is *****

CODEREASONEFFECT

Fault Code: 482
PID: P094
SPN: 94
FMI: 1/18
LAMP: Yellow
SRT:

Low fuel supply pressure was detected at the fuel pressure sensor.

Engine does not start, has low power, can possibly have white smoke, or runs rough.

Check your suction lines between the tank and pump for restrictions and leaks sucking air into the system. Run a separate line to the tank fill to the pump for test purposes to see if it will run bypassing the suction side. If so its a suction problem. If not you either have a pump problem or a problem in the injection system which may require pluggin in with Cummins Insite for more in depth troubleshooting. Could you get me the engine tag information from the engine?

The model info. I mean as I can not look this info up without contacting the dealer. It will be on the tag above the engine serial number