Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have 2 C-9 generators have same problem, falling on their

Customer Question

I have 2 C-9 generators have same problem, falling on their face at 60% load. Says low fuel pressure - filters have been changed
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

If you are getting low fuel pressure warnings and you have changed the filters. There are three other things I would suspect is causing your low fuel pressure.

The first is a restricted fuel Inlet line.

Second is a faulty fuel pressure regulator. The regulator is located at the back of the head where the return fuel line connects.

And lastly is a weak fuel supply pump. It's located on the non turbo side of the engine. T bolts to the back of the heui pump.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This could be the problem on 2 generators? They share a day tank and are both fed by seperate 1/2" ID supply and return lines
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

I admit it's odd that both gens have low fuel pressure. They should maintain a pressure between 65-85 psi at all times. If the pressure is low. I always find clogged filters, restricted fuel inlet line, faulty regulator, or a weak fuel pump.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.