Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a2002 international 4300 I changed the electric brake

Customer Question

Customer: i have a2002 international 4300 I changed the electric brake motor and been having issese since my truck wont shut off with the key and no throttle response since
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: truck starts no problem I have to shut it down by stalling it also the engine light stays on with the keys off and out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Medium and Heavy Trucks Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long of a wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** for the request. What engine model is in your truck? DT466E ? Any fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if anycodes and its a 466e
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine light is staying on even with the key off now also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you hava a diagram of the under hood fuse panel ? the 2 relay back is also clicking with key off and engine light goes out when I pull the relay

Thanks for the info. That means you have active codes. click on this link for instructions and let me know what codes you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoqrA-RX9E

Here is what I have for schematics.

Schematics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll run out now and check codes

Ok sounds good. We can post back and forth as needed as well. I have family visiting for the weekend and I log in periodically throughout the day for followups as I am able. Mostly evenings and late at night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I just tried to pull codes wouldn't work would you know what the 2nd relay in the under hood panel would be for ? its the bigger relays 2nd one in from the top
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
be the 3rd one from the fire wall in the 1st row
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wont leave warn engine on the screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I shut the key off the engine light stays on and sometimes the heater fan comes off and on i can unhook the key switch the fan goes off but the engine light is staying on

click this link and see PDF pages 34-35. There are starter relays and IGN relays out there which sounds like what you are referring to.

http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/Documents/svcmanpdf/S08285A.PDF

Sounds like you likely have a stuck faulty relay. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched the relays around and still same problem i'm thinking a short back feeding now

Test your power in and out of your IGN switch for a possible shorted IGN switch. check your fuses and relays in the main fuse panel and also look closely at the harness from the battery box to the ECM for corrosion and shorts. Let me know

Did you get this resolved?