Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Can you help me on a ved13 engine 2008 engine

Customer Question

can you help me on a ved13 engine 2008 engine
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 11 months ago.

I work on the construction side for volvo but what is your question and i will see if i can help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question involves the timing the cam shaft has a hole for doll pin so wouldn't the timing be set if number 1 at tdc and camshaft marked tdc so what's the purpose for timing fixture

Hi, I understand what your saying but its has an adjustable gear as well. I have the manual on a 13F/13H i can send what little they offer in that about setting up the engine if it would help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have mannuals on motor but it still don't explain why I need to put timing fixture on gear because gear will not move
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know there is a adjustable idler gear but that is set a different way

Hello, as I said i work on the construction side, and the only thing is see is setting it to tdc and then the crank and timing gear align along with the cam gear also aligning with the 8mm hole drilled into the block face. I don't see a timing device you reference so possibly a different set up than ours. Can you send a pic of the device?