Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2004 fuso with the 4.9. 150 miles. Getting a start.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 fuso with the 4.9. 150 miles. Getting a start. Fuel is good and primed not sure where to turn
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What problems are you having? What do you mean by getting a start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The truck has been running fine, this morning it acts like it gas list prime. But there is plenty of fuel reaching the injectors. No crank not sure what to check for. I have some experience with my ford diesel. Not sure if oil pressure problem

So it was sputtering like it was running out of fuel but now you have a no crank no start or the engine will crank by the starter but will not start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never sputtering just not cranking all of a sudden

Thanks for the info. Automatic or manual transmission? Check all fuses and relays. Test fuses for power on both sides with a test light with the IGN switch on. Swap relays with a known good one for test purposes. Test for power at the small S terminal on the starter solenoid with someone in the cab turning the IGN switch to the cranking position. There should be power there. If there is but the starter will not crank with good batteries and connections, the starter is the problem. If there is no power there then the problem is either a faulty IGN switch ( Test power in and out in all positions), Clutch switch ( Manual trans), Neutral safety switch ( Auto trans), Fuse, Relay, or harness problem. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is automatic and it does turn over, plenty of rpm @ the start. not a power problem. Just won't crank, not familiar enough with this motor. Any known problems with the 4.9?