Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have this 2014 cummins ISX and I'm getting code 3224

Customer Question

I have this 2014 cummins ISX and I'm getting code 3224 "Aftertreatment Purge Air Actuator Circuit"! I was told it I needed to change the DEF pump but I changed it and code is still active. What should I try??
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help.

The aftertreatment purge air actuator is mounted on the left side of the engine above the aftertreatment fuel shutoff manifold

Possible causes of this fault include:

• A short to battery in the aftertreatment purge air actuator circuit
  • A damaged aftertreatment purge air actuator.
  • To validate the repair, perform electronic service tool Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Test. Once the temperatures in the aftertreatment system is high enough to inject diesel fuel into the exhaust, the diagnostic will run.
  • The fault code status displayed by electronic service tool will change to INACTIVE immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes

CODE REASON EFFECT

Fault Code: 3224
PID:
SPN: 3490
FMI: 3
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Aftertreatment Purge Air Actuator Circuit - Voltage Above Normal or Shorted to High Source. High signal voltage detected at the aftertreatment purge air actuator circuit.

Active aftertreatment diesel particulate filter regeneration will be disabled until the next key cycle.

Other causes

• A stuck closed aftertreatment purge air actuator
  • Missing or leaking air supply line to the aftertreatment purge air actuator
  • Missing or leaking air supply line from the aftertreatment purge air actuator to the shutoff valve manifold