Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a problem with a injector spill o valve 1 code. This

Customer Question

Hi I have a problem with a injector spill o valve 1 code. This happened and I lost #1 injector. I replaced it and it ran fine for about 120 miles and then done this again. Is this a harness issue.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This fault here can be caused by the computer itself with an internal electrical fault causing an issue with controlling the injector or damaging the injector.This can also be an issue with the wiring harness on the engine leading to the injector with it being shorted or damaged in some way.The wiring will need checked over for any issues and if any issues are found the affected wiring repaired or replaced.

If the wiring is found to be o.k. the computer signals will most likely need to be tested/checked to see if there is a computer fault.If this is found to be o.k. then the engine itself will need checked to see if there is any mechanical issues causing the injector failure.

I suspect wiring harness or computer myself but this will need checked further to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete