cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have 2008 kenworth with 450 cummins isx in it.i was

Customer Question

I have 2008 kenworth with 450 cummins isx in it.i was driving down the interstate and got a.check engine light .I stopped and it said tube acuator. I got within a mile from my destination and stop engine light came on.the engine derated and I eased it in the yard.someone helped me park my trailer and a kenworth dealer was only about 2 miles away so I bobtail there.when I was going there was no stop engine light on but no power and there was smoke and a little knocking from motor. The truck barley made it into the dealer. DID I DO ANY MAJOR DAMAGE BY DRIVING THE 2 MILES.Kenworth won't be able to look at it for a day or so.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Seems like the turbo failed and thru the fault for the actuator/sector gear binding up or seized so the damage is already done. . It is possible that the exhaust system is also plugged or damaged. You should be fine let the dealer look into it and advise with the proper diagnostic equipment.

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Hi just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service