roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

I have an 07 freightliner Columbia with a 60 series Detroit.

Customer Question

I have an 07 freightliner Columbia with a 60 series Detroit. It randomly will derate. Oil psi and water temp gauge go to 0 check engine light comes on, fan comes on and I lose power. I have replaced the oil psi sensor and the sensor harness. Still doing it. There is no pattern. Sometimes it goes a couple days between derates and sometimes only a couple miles. Usually if I keep driving it'll go back to running normal
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Check all your pass through connections on firewall for damage and corrosion. Particularly from ecm to cab harness.

Those signals you are losing come from engine ecm and go into cab for gages,once you loose communication with dash light comes on you loose power and fan comes on for any safety related item, in this case it does not know how hot engine is so default setting turns fan on.

This is a common intermittent problem with no rhyme or reason, I have seen this dozens of times.

Use a good electrical cleaner to remove corrosion and electrical grease on connections to prevent future issues.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Please take a moment to rate or accept my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site ,without a rating or accept the web site does not pay me.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.

Thanks
spanky

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all those wires and still has the problem
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what was the code for the check engine light???

I would check the harness from the drivers side of the block that wraps around the back of the motor and comes to the v pod, oil pressure switch and ehr is you have one.

Roy