Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I am working with a 2008 freightliner. I am getting a fault

Customer Question

Hello I am working with a 2008 freightliner. I am getting a fault code 128 155 0 SID. I cannot hook up with my labtop, using DDDL the latest version. I can hook up with a code reader but that is all. The regen light is popping up as well and I cannot do
a manual regen either.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Turbocharger Compressor Inlet Differential Pressure Too High is the meaning of that code.

Is this a DD15 or a series 60? On either one, check the Delta P sensor and the EGR operation. One or the other is creating havoc.

If this is a smaller Freightliner with the Cummins engine, then the turbo actuator will be the fault for that code.

On the laptop not being able to connect, first make sure your license is good and the update is good on the laptop. Now that is ruled out, check the CAN BUS plug to see that you have no terminating resistor issues. Hand held scanners use 2 wires for comms where the DDDL program uses 4. You will have to unhook the batteries to get a correct reading on the truck. Most likely the terminating resistors are acting up on you and the laptop isn't communicating because of that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?