Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Isuz FVR 2007 will not rev, oil, trans, fuel filter all

Customer Question

Isuz FVR 2007 will not rev, oil, trans, fuel filter all recently serviced in last 200 miles.?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Let me know the engine model information from the ID tag. Also did you stall and run out of fuel because of this? Check the suction line between the tank and pump for restrictions or leaks and if ok verify you have good fuel supply from the pump for a possible faulty transfer pump. Let me know the engine info for more specific details if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck never stalled or cut out. At idle truck now slowly revs to 2500 rpm from 500 rpm in 9-12 sec. Will travel upto 20 miles per hour on a slight downhill grade and 5mph on a slight uphill grade. All this after flooring accelerator and backing off till range of speed and rpms expanded. This is the current state of trucks performance. It is dark and rainy out now and i will get engine id in morning. All references on line point to suction valve control in the fuel pressure regulator. People tired repacing but did not fix problem. Of course no one posts the fix because it is fixed and they move on. Seth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
people tried

Thanks for the update. It is possible for a throttle position sensor to be faulty and not throw a code. Also an engine speed sensor could cause the symptoms you are having if all fuel system checks come out good.