cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

Ineed to find the oem ambient air temp sensor wiring cm 870

Customer Question

Customer: hi, ineed to find the oem ambient air temp sensor wiring for a cm 870 (2006), in a kw. temp on dash is correct, sensor in mirror, but wiring from dash to ecm or dash to wherever. insite says voltage above range (5.05 v) i believe creates high exh. temps, thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Im thiking where to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Why do you thing the sensor is creating high exhaust temps? If the Ambient temp sensor that is in the mirror is bad or the wiring it will throw a fault code. What faults do you have and the engine serial number?

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

do you still need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 11 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service