spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Its a 2001 and 14 select I i think it has air locked f I

Customer Question

Its a 2001 and 14 select I i think it has air locked f I want to know how to bleed the injectors
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the check valve cleaned it out check the fuel solenoid and make sure it was getting fire she is still not pumping fuel to the injectors can spray we eat there was start momentarily for about two to three seconds then will shut it back off need to know how to prime fuel pump because one in 14 and doesn't have a problem for the fuel pump so how can I manually prime my fuel pump also and how do you bleed injectors if she is airlock
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Do you have a fuel/water separator before fuel gear pump? Is that the wix filter you replaced?

Do you have another filter after gear pump?

Cummins recommends Fleetguard filters, other brands may have a micron rating to low and not allow enough fuel through, especially if its cold.

Is it possible fuel is gelled what is temp were you are at?

Is tach moving while cranking?

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Did you fill filters after changing them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replace the wicks with the Wix filter because I thought the fuel filter might have been bad so I replaced it with a new Wix fuel filter and no I don't have a few water separator except on the bottom of the wixs fuel filter the temperature here is 64 degrees warm and yes I feel filters after I change them and I' ve change them out twice and I replace filter on top of fuel pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I will send the offer for phone call sorry about delay had to go out to shop.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Once you accept it will ask you for phone number so I can see it unless you already added number I will call as soon as I get number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can Text can u give me answer to the last question I asked thnks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

What I would do is remove line from filter before fuel pump,that goes to fuel pump, stick line in a clean bucket of fuel,(5 gallon bucket works good) remove intake piping from turbo,,have someone crank engine over,while engine is cranking spray short burst of starting fluid in turbo inlet,,very little spray will keep engine cranking fast enough to start,,also hold throttle half way down until engine runs on its own for two minutes to clear any air,,once running, re-hook line back to filter head,,hold throttle half way down and start engine,,keep it half way down for 2 minutes to bleed any remaining air.

Both filters should be full before trying to start to save cranking.

It also helps to have a battery charger on or jump start while doing this to keep from burning up starter.

Only crank for 30 seconds at a time resting 2 minutes between starts.

It normally will run within first 3o seconds if you still have issue let me know.

3. Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Please take a moment to rate or accept my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site ,without a rating or accept the web site does not pay me.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.

Thanks
spanky