Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Is my name- 08 Navistar- engine warn message and yellow

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** is my name- 08 Navistar- engine warn message and yellow triangle on at times- what do I do to get more info on this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know that it affects the performance of the truck. I have a repair shop and the customer is concerned about these two issues.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Medium and Heavy Trucks Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait a bit. I do have some Navistar software I bought a few years ago, but just don't use it a lot. Just let me know when you can help. The customer is using the truck now.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8H649048 - this is the last 8 on the vin
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Thanks . I am currently at work but will look deeper into this as soon as I get home .

Please try this procedure to retrieve codes .

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rqeo3xjxh9r9oo/AABagIrPSixJ5xevIIl-lRjfa?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are interesting, but I need a way to get what codes are in the system concerning the yellow triangle and the engine warn message. I didn't see that in the 7 pages of information that I got. Thanks!
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Oh sorry . I must have sent you the wrong file .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f526i7b69ifw887/How%20to%20check%20codes%20three%20digit.txt?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got readings when doing the code retrieval Software rev 2.2 Hardware rev C spn 2033 fmi 9 prevoius oc115 sa23 is one code spn1552 fmi2 active oc1 sa33 was the other code.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Thanks . Currently at work but will check these out and get back to you on this right after work if that's OK

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

1552-2 is for cab air blend door problem

2033-9- is for gauge cluster loss of communication .

Both of these codes are not related to the warn engine message you are getting .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/878y9jy4bxlmy3n/optional%20fault%20code%20retrieval.txt?dl=0

Following this procedure , do you have any codes with a source address of 0? This would mean the fault is coming from the ECM on the engine .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, how did you know that 1552-2 is a blend door issue and that 2033-9 is a gauge cluster? Is there another chart?. I am assuming that the triangle light is for these codes, and the warn message was for some basic problem like engine temp,oil pressure,alternator etc.... , but that problem went away,causing the warn message to disappear, and that will not store a code, when the problem goes away. If so, how do I get the information as to the issue when the warn message is on? I hope I have been clear.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Those are body controller faults because they originate from SA (source address) 33 .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

If you have something with a source address of 0 , this is coming from. Your engine ecm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am curious as to how to determine about what the warn message was related to? Did you get paid for this yet? I will be ready to close on this. Thanks !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

No I did not . And you would need a scanner to read the engine faults . There would still likely be an inactive fault in memory