Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have an 07 ISX Cummins motor in a 2004 Volvo VNL. The

Customer Question

I have an 07 ISX Cummins motor in a 2004 Volvo VNL.
The turbo
went out pull about 2-3 gallons of oil in the exhaust and, i didnt know it at the time, intake also. I replaced the turbo didnt know the oil was in the intake and started the engine. it ran fine, but when we pulled it out of the shop the engine ran away. Ran high rpm for aprox 10 maybe 15 sec then i shut it off. It cranks but won't start. I tried starting fluid but still no results. Please help.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Do you still have oil in the charge air cooler? How high were the RPMs?

What is the engine serial number?

On your 07 ISX, did you move the dpf filter over when you installed it in your 04 or did you leave it off? What about the EGR?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serial number 60801230 it is pre dpf engine
intercooler was drained from oil thru the bottom rubber hose connection.
EGR is plugged i believe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hose for the water line broke in result of that. i am guessing due to the high pressure of water pump within those 10-15 seconds of high rpms
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First remove the engine oil filter and using a filter cutting tool cut open the filter and cut a decent size sample from the filter media. Squeeze the excess oil out in a vise. Inspect the sample for metal and bearing material, rings, etc. If found you have confirmed the engine is in need of overhaul. Next drop the oil pan and check the drain oil and the bottom of the pan for metal/debris. Inspect all the rod and main bearing caps for discoloration from heat as well as looking for signs of a spun or partially spun bearing. Next, with a bright light inspect all the cylinder walls for vertical scuff/scratch marks indicating excessive heat, damaged rings, cylinder walls, and low compression. If any of this is found the engine is in need of complete overhaul. In frame or out of frame will depend on the crankshaft condition when the rod and main caps are removed to inspect the journals. If all so far checks out good, run through the overhead adjustments to verify if any of the adjustments are far out of specs indicating a cam or cylinder head issue. Finally, check for fault codes and post any fault codes you currently have logged in the ECM. Let me know