Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Where i can buy the cam service tool

Customer Question

where i can buy the cam service tool
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had to change the cylinder head on Detroit 60 series 12.7
my mechanic quit on me & i have to do the timing & adjust the valves
please help
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Yes you need the Cam Timing tool

You can purchase at a Detroit Dealer, some will rent

or to purchase it

click Here

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i seen a punch of tools & i don't know which one
please send me either the name or direct link
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry about that

this is the one

click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats super expensive
my mechanic was using two pins one in the crank pulley & the other one in the camshaft
i never seen him with such an expensive tool
any way around it
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Well that is the tool you use, Sorry about the price

I will opt-out and send to another expert on DD 60

I tried to help, but tools are a $$$

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What you saw your mechanic use were timing pins for the gears. That is not for the timing of the camshaft. That is where you use the tool above for that. The pins are for if you have the gear on the camshaft properly, then you can use the pins.

CLICK HERE for the pins.

CLICK HERE for the injector timing tools, cam alignment tools, cam gear pilot tools, etc.

Detroit tools are not cheap. My kit cost me $3700 for just the Series 60. My DD15 kit was $5100. I don't recommend buying them unless you do a lot of rebuilds.

CLICK HERE for instructions. If you go to the bottom, you will see in number 6 on how to use the pins for alignment.

CLICK HERE for the instructions simplified.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first of all i didn't touch the camshaft i just changed the cylinder head so i guess i need the timing using the pins since the pulley for the camshaft has not been replaced
also i couldn't see any fig in the instructions simplified.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'll upload those figures then. There are 8 of them in total.

Click the number for the figures for the instructions. Save these and the page to your hard drive. Links delete themselves in a few days. I have no control of that. Thanks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jeremy sorry for being late
i was out of town
what i need is a simple way explaining the rockers arm adjustment
like the torque & the valve and injectors
also please i been charged twice
with who i need to talk ? thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That information was provided to you over 15 days ago. I haven't been rated and I already paid my vendor for the cost of the information. Do to no rating, I haven;t received anything from this. I can't provide anymore for I have already gotten nothing for my time already.

In regards ***** ***** double charge to your account, you will have to contact customer service. I am not an employee here so I can't help in that matter. I am an independent contractor. That matter is fully site related and it will need to be addressed with them. I would suggest emailing them through the contact us link or calling them.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.