spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Spanky spanky Well I have the same truck, different problem.

Customer Question

Hey spanky Hey spanky hi again , Well I have the same truck , different problem. I just took it out of cummins shop paid $6,000 for csr catalist and 2 senosors, took truck out and driver just called me said engine light came on again and says fuel rail
pressure. What does this mean and how do I fix it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delay Lucy here is your new question so we know what we are dealing with,,I will also transfer truck info so its all in one place. Well I have the same truck , different problem. I just took it out of cummins shop paid $6,000 for csr catalist and 2 senosors, took truck out and driver just called me said engine light came on again and says fuel rail pressure. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Give me a minute

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Make:kenworth

Model:t700

Year:2011

Engine:isx 435

That only tells you what the code means I need the code numbers to help out,,most dashboards that give you that rail pressure message allow you to scroll down/up to view numbers,,I need those numbers as I explained there are at least ten different codes for rail pressure.

Let me know

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

You can start by having both fuel filters replaced to see if that takes care of it,,how many miles since last changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got truck in TA
Got that done Oma get code # ***** driver give me 10 mins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It don't say any number codes
Just reads
Fuel rail pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got full pm done and light still on
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

He needs to scroll down to read numbers screen will change from fuel rail pressure to some numbers,,there should be arows or cruise up/down to scroll through to get numbers?

Cause I don't know if its reading high or low so we don't know which way to go without guessing

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I found this too on dash display:::There may be a MID-128 SPN/PID---???--FMI--?? under your Diagnostic section in the dash

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Please take a moment to rate or accept my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site ,without a rating or accept the web site does not pay me.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.

Thanks
spanky