Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Blower motor in dash HVAC on 2007 freightliner Columbus just

Customer Question

Blower motor in dash HVAC on 2007 freightliner Columbus just stopped working. Had checked out at TA, they said no power to rotary fan switch but fusees are good. They are not allowed to go deeper. Any thoughts.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist ypu.

Why are they not allowed to go deeper? First I have heard of that from T/A with them being a Freightliner ServiceLink company...

Did they check the fuse for power that is under the cover for the dash, the small tiny fuse? If you look under the dash, there is a set of fuses that will be all the way towards the bottom, or closest to you and to the left. One should be a 10 AMP mini fuse. See if it is blown. Check the wires there as well. It is best to see if there is power on each pin. The fuse is not marked, but it is for the blower fan only. If there is power on that fuse, the blower fan is bad. If there is no power on the fuse, the issue is towards the controller. All that fuse does is power the blower motor, nothing else. Power goes from dash controls to fuse, then straight to red wire on blower motor. It is an between fuse that a lot of techs or mechanics know of when they are newer and haven't worked on them long. It is unmarked.

It is not on the main fuse board. It is not attached to it. Best way to describe it is lift the cover, the look on the edge of the opening closest to your chest. Follow that to the left (driver side) and you will see 2 or 3 fuses off to the side, It is just at the curve of the opening for the lid. That is where the fuse is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy