Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2009 dodge 5500 diesel and I have all my dash

Customer Question

i have a 2009 dodge 5500 diesel and I have all my dash lights are on. I can get it to run sometimes but only for 30 seconds or so the it dies. the truck was throwing a passenger airbag indicator circuit . I started pulling on wires under the hood because I read it could be a fusable link and now im stuck with all lights on the dash and fuel pump pulsating and also the exaust brake light flickers with the pulsation of the pump.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled on the power wire from the battery and there was a fusable link there, that's when all the lights went off ect. I replaced the fusable link but still have all the lights on including the b1206 code. I forgot to say that all of this is because I was hooking up a pto to the truck and I basically had to guess on my last wire connection and that's where it back fired. the wires I was tying into were stubbys sitting on top of the transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have damaged a control unit/ecu or something else like the electronic ignition switch if the last wire was connected incorrectly.The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set.This is done with either a scan tool that can plug into your model and communicate with all computers or a dealers scan tool/computer to see what codes are set.Once this is done the codes set can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If there are no codes set the scan tool/computer can be used to check for communication issues between computers in your vehicle to see if one or more of the computers in the vehicle are not communicating as that computer may need replaced as it may have been damaged.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete