Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I already logged in and asked this question. I have a

Customer Question

I already logged in and asked this question. I have a Sullair ES-8 Rotary screw compressor. It's over pressuring at 225 and shutting down E-stop. Line pressure is only 100 psi. to the air tank at the time of E-stop. I looked at oil level at the end of the bell. The oil level is approximately 3/4 of an inch from the bell up the sight tube, with the compressor shut down. The manual states " With the compressor shut down, the level should be 3/4 of the sight tube." Does this mean it should show 3/4 of an inch into the sight tube, or 3/4 of the entire site tube? On the message display screen, at the time of E-stop, is shows T1 - 225. Could this also mean that the after cooler needs to be cleaned or that the after cooler has a blockage? The air filters are clean & the pressure relief valve works. The cooling fan is clear. Compressor perimeter set us is a follows: Unload 100 psi, load 10 psi, P1 max 135 psi, Wye delt 10 sec., Restart time 10 sec. So what may be the issue Doc? Inquiring minds need to know. Thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. 3/4 of the tube means 3/4 of the tube and not inches. Could you get me the complete serial number of your compressor?

Hi, I just wanted to follow up and see if you still needed more help with this?