Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

When I change the switch from vents to floor.. it only blows

Customer Question

when I change the switch from vents to floor.. it only blows out defroster. bought new control panel and it still wont work
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the year, make, model of the vehicle? What engine does it have?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006, 379 Peterbilt
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

When you said you replaced the control panel, are you referring to the whole dash unit? Was it programmed to the truck?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I believe your year is full electronic and there is a small module in the control panel that needs to be programmed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you do that
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

On this model you will have to have Peterbilt do it with the Paccar program.

This is the one with the full electronic controls, right? Some of the 2006 Pete 379s didn't have them. Only yhe upgraded ones with the custom package did. Which one do you have?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

How you can tell is when you changed the control panel out, you would have only one plug going to the control panel. If more than one plug, you have the older style and that is different.

If the older style, then most likely the actual control mechanism to do the switching on the left side of the air box is what is malfunctioned, and no programming is needed for that style.