Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Need heavy duty truck mechanical help

Customer Question

Need heavy duty truck mechanical help
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Typical air brake system would have secondary tank filled from primary tank, With a check valve between the tanks. The check valve is the common cause of no air pressure to the secondary. Remove the check valve between the two tanks and check it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is 2010 International Prostar, and there is not check valve between tanks. Both tanks are supplying from the air drier, and a 3/8 hose to the secondary tank got no air. I removed and cleaned up all air drier block, replaced cartridge, but it is the same problem. There is an air manifold block attached to the frame, in front of the drier, and another, a little block air valve is attached to the chassis, in front of that air manifold.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me opt out, and see if someone else can help .Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is relatively younger truck, with some air manifold valves on the frame. Pain in the butt.
Thank you for trying.