Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a mack with a flash code 95 what am I looking for

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

What is the engine serial number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

engine model AC-460E SERIAL 401844

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

The flash code 95 is for the Air compressor discharge temp sensor. However, it only narrow there. It could be the voltage too high, too low, or current low/open. Without having the truck hooked to a laptop with VMAC III, it is hard to be certain which one it is.

I would check for a ground in, vref of at least 5 volts, 9 volts, or 12 volts on the other pin and if you have one of the 3, replace the sensor. If you are missing one of the 3, then the harness needs to be chased. Most likely though the sensor itself is shot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy