Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

What is the differance in isuzu engine 4HE1XS and 4HK1

Customer Question

what is the differance in isuzu engine 4HE1XS and 4HK1
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

There are a few different designs of the 4HK1 engine which are the 4hk1-tcn,4hk1-tcc and the 4hk1-tcs.The tcn has around 402 nm torque at 1500 to 2600 rpm,the tcc has peak torque of 510 nm at 1500 to 2000 rpm and the tcs has peak torque of 500 nm at 1600 to 2600 rpm.All the bores are the same and horse power varies just slightly between these engines.

The only info I can locate on the 4HE1XS is it has around 458 peak torque at 2000 to 2400 rpm and about as much horse or power as the 4Hk1-tcs.It looks likt eh 4hk1-tcc has the most power.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

There is a majro difference between these 2 engines. The fuel delivery is electronic on the 4HK1 vs mechanical ion the 4hE1. The 4HE1 engine is much older, too. It is pre EGR and was used in a lot of 1998 NPRs. The 4HK1 has a EGR system on the engine to meet 2004 EPA guidelines. You can;t easily swap one engine in place of the other.

What are you trying to do? Upgrade an engine? Replace an engine? I will forewarn that if you have the 4HE1 in a NPR as example. you will need to wire in the 4HK1 engine with the PCM, dash, fuel pumps, etc. It will be a lot of work. It isn't just a difference in HP and torque as the one above posted. That information is highly inaccurate. There is a whole lot more to the difference between these 2 engines.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy