Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Clayton, and I have a 2008 cascadia with 378k miles on it. I

Customer Question

Hi Clayton, my name is ***** ***** I have a 2008 cascadia with 378k miles on it. I am trying to do a parked regen and it cuts off after about 12 mins with the check engine light and the fliter regen light still flashing. Not sure why it won't regen fully
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases it may not be able to complete if there is a sensor fault in the exhaust system or another sensor or component acting up on the engine forcing it to stop.I have also seen restricted dpf cause this issue with the dpf either needing removed and cleaned out by a repair facility manually or removed and replaced.

If you have not had the fault codes checked for the check engine light coming on at all this is the first thing that needs done here.There will be one or more fault codes set that will help diagnose and locate the fault here for repair and will help pinpoint the cause.I suspect one of these will be the cause here needing corrected to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been going on for 6 weeks and the filter was cleaned although wasn't that dirty. Multiple codes are present but seem to disappear when a forced regen is performed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

One or more of the codes that have set may be causing the regen to stop depending on the code setting.I have seen issues with exhaust sensor failure cause this issue with the sensors needing replaced.If you can I would have the fault codes diagnosed to see if any faults are found needing corrected then try the regen after any repairs made.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you

What codes are you getting on this? Are any of them for inlet temp too low or EGR/Turbo Vanes? Wit the series 60, you can get failed regens when the Delta P sensor is showwing abnormal behavior due to high EGR pressure or high Delta P counts. Also when the inlet snesor is reading too low from a doser valve not opening or the VPod not opening up the actuator enough, it will stop the regen and give a failure.

If I can get the codes, I can assist further. FYI, I work on these daily do my info IS NOT limited on these.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy