Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2008 cummins isx 500 hp with fault code fan clutch

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cummins isx 500 hp with fault code fan clutch driver. in the morning engine light come on with fan then after a few hours it only comes on when coasting down hill with no throttle
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help you. Can I get your engine serial number and a full description of the code or the code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine serial number is ***** and i did get a 245 code then lately been getting fan clutch driver. Yesterday the engine fan stayed on for hours
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

Code 245 is fan clutch circuit - voltage below normal or shorted low. I suspect that you will find either a wiring/harness problem with the fan clutch circuit or the fan clutch solenoid itself is on its way out. Since it sounds like an intermittent problem, I would start by inspecting the harnesses and wiring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new solenoid
Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

If the solenoid is new and you do not suspect it could be a problem, check the harness for damaged/corroded/expanded pins. Next check for continuity on the fan wires from the clutch solenoid to the ECM.

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

If you would like detailed information on troubleshooting this circuit I can send you the steps from the cummins manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me the detailed info for trouble shooting this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting for detailed steps from cummins manual