Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have problem with my 2007 sterling with mbe 906 engine

Customer Question

I have problem with my 2007 sterling with mbe 906 engine starts bat won't stay running he shout off after 10 sekunde or less
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I know on some models the engine is equipped with a crank sensor/engine rpm sensor that can fail/act up and cause issues like this here.I have seen this sensor fail to send the engine rpm signal intermittently causing this fault.If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done first.If this has already been done and no codes are found I would have the rpm signal checked from the crank sensor/engine rpm sensor to see if this sensor is faulty needing replaced.Not all models have this sensor but I have seen most that do have this sensor and this sensor failing or acting up can cause this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is code sid 013
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It looks like this code is for the anti lock brake system.It has to do with the Retarder being shorted to power,shorted to ground or an open circuit with it.This would have to be tested further to locate and repair the fault here.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Ignore above. The code 013 has nothing to do with the engine retarder on your vehicle. Also, a short to the engine retarder will not prevent the engine from running.

If you need assistance still, I can assist you.

Do you have any other codes coming up or is that the only code you have?

Be sure to check the fuel return on this engine. They are pretty bad on the check spring getting stuck open when you press the accelorator and the fuel pressure drops too low below desired and the engine will cut out. You will usually get a code when it happens.

Let me know if you still need help. If not, let me know that as well and I will put this in for a refund for you.

Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy