Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We've got an eaton auto shift gen-2 in the shop, wont

Customer Question

we've got an eaton auto shift gen-2 in the shop, wont indicate neutral on the display, has the solid line, was stuck in 10th gear, they changed the x-y shifter, I've ckd all my power and grounds, no codes, tried plugging in the old shifter, any thing else I should be checking?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. what is the complete trans model number? Are you getting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes, model rto16710 as2

Thanks for the update. Click on this link for the troubleshooting manual. Troubleshooting

Try to run through the power up sequence tests and the fault retrieval procedures and see if you can get it to display fault codes

If it is jammed in 10th it is highly unlikely there would not be any codes unless the TCM is not communicating from no power or ground, harness issue, or failed TCM. Let me know

The info I posted has all the detailed test info for each fault

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya I've already been through that Eaton troubleshooting guide

Do you have a test TCM you can try? Verify power and ground to the TCM and if ok and the harness and connector pins test good Id try a test TCM or have that one reflashed /bench tested and see if your problem resolves. Especially since you have no codes