Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I got a 2007 peterbilt 379 and i want to know how to ad a

Customer Question

hi i got a 2007 peterbilt 379 and i want to know how to ad a relay for the high beam
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You should already have relays for the low and high beams.

The cycling is because you have regular relays. I suggest going to NAPA and tell them you need a "high amp output" relay to swap for the relays that you currently have. What is happening is either the relays or the circuit breakers are getting too hot from the new lights with the higher output and they are cycling. You wrote that you already changed the fuse so the next step is to swap the low output relays for high output ones. A lot of times they are gray in color instead of black.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a fuse panel by my feet on the driver side with 2 self reset fuses pertaining to the headlights but no relays on that panel whatsoever, then behind the speedometer panel on dash is some relays but none pertaining to headlights. I have called several Peterbilt dealers and according to them that model I got don't have a relay on the headlights, don't make sense to me but anyway if there is any I haven't found it yet. So PB in Nortfolk NE told me what they do is insert a relay by the firewall and that's where I'm at. If you perhaps could direct me to finding the currant location of an excisting relay or how to freshly build in some .