Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

C15 cat INTAKE VALVE ACTUATION SYSTEM OIL PRESSURE VOLTAGE

Customer Question

c15 cat INTAKE VALVE ACTUATION SYSTEM OIL PRESSURE VOLTAGE HIGH
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Unfortunately I have seen this code many times. It's kinda a common problem on these engines. An IVA oil pressure voltage high indicates an open circuit on the Iva sensor circuit. Most likely a bad sensor. I have replaced a ton of these over the years. I would inspect the harness that connects to the sensor first. If it is OK, I would replace the sensor. The sensor has three wires and is located on top of the engine at the front on the passenger side of the engine near the thermostat housing.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.