Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Working on a Detroit 14 series have fault code injector #2

Customer Question

Working on a Detroit 14 series have fault code injector #2 response time long flash 61 S5
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My anme is Jeremy and I will assist you.

you have a short to ground on the injector. Check the harness as well as the injector itself.

I am attaching info for the diagnostic for this flash code.

Usually when I see this code, if the injector tests good, I replace the harness for you will have that code always coming up down the road. It can be a pin at the ECM or a pin at the connector for the harness. I've learned from several come backs to just replace the harness and be done with the code for good.

CLICK HERE

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced all 6 injectors 5 out 6 were bad so I just replaced the harness and the injectors new and just finished adjusting valves running like a chap
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

If you still got the code and the code flashed on the yellow lights instead of the red, that means code is inactive and hasn't reset, yet. You'll need a computer or you'll need to cycle the key off and back on 5, 6, or 8 times (depending on auto trans or manual) and the code should clear then flash a 25.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea I have the software and it cleared up on its own work great now
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha. You are good to go then. I wasn't sure if I read the response correctly.