Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Just bought a 2009 International Prostar. I suddenly have a

Customer Question

HI I'm Mario. Just bought a 2009 International Prostar. I suddenly have a problem with windshield wipers not working, no cruise control, airhorn not working, air bags not dumping. Need direction as to what to look for. Thank you
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mario, My name is***** problems you are having are likely separate issues that will need to be diagnosed individually. For the air horn check for good air supply to the control valve and them out of the valve when actuating the lever. If no air look for restrictions in the line. Let me know

For the cruise, check the brake and clutch switches. Let me know if the PTO RPM controls work parked.

For the wipers let me know if yours are air or electric. If electric start with your fuses and relays and testing for power to the motor. If air look for air supply to the switch and motor.

The air bags check for air supply to the leveling valves and check to see if you can manually adjust the ride height with the linkage unhooked. If so check the dump valve for air supply and if electric over air test for power and ground at the solenoid for a possible faulty solenoid. Verify you have good air supply at the dump valve as well and no restrictions in the lines. Let me know