Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I HAVE A GMC 3500 DUMP TRUCK 6.5 DIESEL & this truck has

Customer Question

I HAVE A GMC 3500 DUMP TRUCK 6.5 DIESEL & this truck has a high idle it seems to be bouncing between 1200 & 1600 rpms and if you accelerate it the rpms go real high and it stays there and not come back down
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 96 Vin#1GBKG34F6TJ113003
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any vacuum leaks on the engine I would check and see if there are any vacuum or possibly turbo leaks causing this issue here.In some cases this may require a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks.If this is not an option here or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.